Hospice provides your sufferers decisions
- The option to go for consolation care moderately than healing care
- The option to be at dwelling, with household and a hospice workforce, moderately than in a hospital
- The selection of 1 hospice supplier over many prospects
Because the referring clinician, you could have the selection to check with a specialist in end-of-life care and play a collaborative position.
To refer your affected person at the moment, name 855-882-3520
Clinicians who refer sufferers to VITAS get:
- Identical-day admissions
- 24/7 availability
- Advanced modalities to satisfy your affected person’s wants
- Structured, skilled objectives of care conversations with the affected person and household
- Steady care within the dwelling; inpatient care if dwelling just isn’t sufficient
- Visits from an interdisciplinary care workforce, from a hospice aide to a chaplain or social employee. Even after the dying, grief help continues
- Apple iOS expertise that admits sufferers, coordinates care, delivers provides and certifies eligibility proper on the bedside, 365 days a yr
- Built-in providers: occupational or respiratory remedy; pet visits; packages for veteran, cultural and non secular group
- Greater than 70 persevering with training displays that educate on when to show to hospice for higher outcomes
Everybody wants management
For sufferers with critical progressive sickness, management might be a distant reminiscence. With the ability to depend on anything-from how they really feel to how their day will progress to main choices being made on their behalf-is past their management. In the event that they act like pawns or victims, it’s as a result of that’s how they’ve come to really feel.
Everybody must have some management, to be given decisions and requested what they like. When critically sick sufferers transition to hospice, VITAS provides again management. The affected person tells their hospice workforce what hospice ought to appear to be, what makes them really feel higher, how they hope to spend their days.
The household has a say too. Together with the hospice workforce, they create a care plan for the affected person that displays private and household tradition, traditions, decisions.
The correct selection
The Facilities for Medicare & Medicaid Providers (CMS) and healthcare suppliers at the moment discuss aiming for the proper care in the proper place on the proper time. All require the proper decisions.
At VITAS we work with referral sources to establish sufferers who’re not responding to healing care as hoped, to outline the care that can meet that affected person’s medical and psychosocial wants, and to grasp that hospice care works greatest over weeks and months, not days or hours.
When it’s time to choose, select VITAS, the hospice supplier that offers you and your affected person decisions.