Hospice provides your sufferers decisions
- The option to go for consolation care relatively than healing care
- The option to be at dwelling, with household and a hospice workforce, relatively than in a hospital
- The alternative of 1 hospice supplier over many prospects
Because the referring clinician, you’ve the selection to discuss with a specialist in end-of-life care and play a collaborative function.
To refer your affected person right now, name 855-882-3520
Clinicians who refer sufferers to VITAS get:
- Identical-day admissions
- 24/7 availability
- Advanced modalities to satisfy your affected person’s wants
- Structured, skilled objectives of care conversations with the affected person and household
- Steady care within the dwelling; inpatient care if dwelling shouldn’t be sufficient
- Visits from an interdisciplinary care workforce, from a hospice aide to a chaplain or social employee. Even after the loss of life, grief assist continues
- Apple iOS know-how that admits sufferers, coordinates care, delivers provides and certifies eligibility proper on the bedside, 365 days a 12 months
- Built-in companies: occupational or respiratory remedy; pet visits; packages for veteran, cultural and non secular group
- Greater than 70 persevering with training displays that educate on when to show to hospice for higher outcomes
Everybody wants management
For sufferers with critical progressive sickness, management might be a distant reminiscence. Having the ability to rely on anything-from how they really feel to how their day will progress to main choices being made on their behalf-is past their management. In the event that they act like pawns or victims, it’s as a result of that’s how they’ve come to really feel.
Everybody must have some management, to be given decisions and requested what they like. When critically sick sufferers transition to hospice, VITAS provides again management. The affected person tells their hospice workforce what hospice ought to seem like, what makes them really feel higher, how they hope to spend their days.
The household has a say too. Together with the hospice workforce, they create a care plan for the affected person that displays private and household tradition, traditions, decisions.
The correct alternative
The Facilities for Medicare & Medicaid Companies (CMS) and healthcare suppliers right now speak about aiming for the best care in the best place on the proper time. All require the best decisions.
At VITAS we work with referral sources to establish sufferers who’re now not responding to healing care as hoped, to outline the care that may meet that affected person’s medical and psychosocial wants, and to grasp that hospice care works finest over weeks and months, not days or hours.
When it’s time to select, select VITAS, the hospice supplier that offers you and your affected person decisions.