When conventional remedies or cures are not efficient or fascinating, VITAS gives hospice care on your sufferers at house, wherever they name house.
A number of ranges of care relieve you and your workers of the challenges of end-of-life signs, consistently altering affected person wants, after-hours calls and crises, and ED visits and hospital re-admissions. Your affected person leverages the Medicare hospice profit to obtain compassionate care in a well-known place.
- Hospice Care within the House, Wherever Sufferers Name House: VITAS gives hospice companies in a affected person’s personal house, nursing house or assisted residing facility. See our service areas >
- Hospice Experience and Assist: A VITAS interdisciplinary workforce —physician, nurse, social employee, chaplain, bereavement specialist and volunteer—handles scientific, psychosocial care and religious care. Affected person-centered care plans are up to date usually. The affected person’s main care doctor (PCP) can select to remain concerned.
- Hospice-Associated Tools, Provides and Prescriptions: VITAS House Medical Tools delivers gear and provides (e.g., hospital mattress, wheelchair, diapers, oxygen) to the affected person’s house. Prescriptions are ordered by way of the VITAS app.
- 24/7 Affected person-Centered House Care Centered on Calm, Consolation and High quality of Life
- Common house visits by the hospice workforce assist the affected person and the household caregiver.
- Steady care, when medically applicable, gives momentary 24-hour steady care shifts (VITAS calls this service Intensive Consolation Care®) to the bedside till signs resolve.
- Telecare gives 24/7 entry to a affected person care knowledgeable who can reply questions, remedy crises or dispatch an on-call hospice runner to the house. The aim: keep away from expensive hospital re-admissions and pointless emergency division visits.
When house care isn’t sufficient, inpatient care is out there to manage signs and crises, or to offer household caregivers as much as 5 days of respite care.