The vacations are a good time to get DIY-ing. Presents constructed from scratch not solely present a real sense of the vacation spirit, but in addition permit for personalization and creativity. Whip up a decadent (however cost-effective!) sugar scrub with just a few sweet canes, pour it right into a retro glass jar, and you have a savvy, stylish, and fabulous vacation reward that everybody will love.
How to Make Candy Cane Body Scrub
What You may Want:
- Glass jar with lid
- four cups white sugar
- Mixing bowl
- 1/four cup crushed sweet canes
- 1+ cup olive oil
- 20-30 drops peppermint important oil
- Measure and pour the sugar right into a mixing bowl. Give issues a stir to break up any clumps. The sugar works as a mild exfoliant that leaves your toes and palms splendidly easy.
- Now add the olive oil to the sugar, and stir. The combination ought to resemble moist sand that is not too saturated. Olive oil affords the very best outcomes (with skin-soothing qualities to boot!), however sunflower or almond oil are good choices too. If one cup of oil would not appear to be sufficient, then add one other quarter cup.
- To complete the combination, add the peppermint oil, which boosts the refreshing peppermint scent of the scrub. And peppermint is a pure antiinflammatory, which soothes sore muscle groups.
- Place a handful of your crushed sweet canes in a ziplock plastic bag, and make the items even smaller with the assistance of a rolling pin. You may as well pulverize the candies in a clear espresso grinder or blender. You need the candies to turn into superfine, comparable in measurement to the white sugar.
- To create the beautiful scrub, place a giant spoonful of the sugar-and-oil combination on the base of the glass container, after which sprinkle with a layer of the crushed sweet canes. Proceed layering till you attain the highest of the container. Add a cute ribbon and some sweet canes, and your peppermint scrub is prepared for gifting!
Makes 4 cups of sweet cane sugar scrub.
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Images / Sarah Lipoff