President Muhammadu Buhari has appointedSarah Omotunde-Alade, as Special Adviser on Finance and the Economy. The workplace is domiciled in the Ministry of Finance, Funds and Nationwide Planning.
The announcement was made by Buharis Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu by way of his Twitter. He wrote:
President Muhammadu Buhari has accredited the appointment of Dr (Mrs) Sarah Omotunde Alade, as Special Adviser to the President on Finance and the Economy, domiciled in the Ministry of Finance, Funds and Nationwide Planning.
Listed below are six info about Sarah Omotunde-Alade;
- She was CBN Deputy Governor, financial coverage from 26th March, 2007, to 2014, when she briefly grew to become the appearing CBN Governor. She retired from the Central Financial institution of Nigeria (CBN) as Deputy Governor, Financial Coverage, in 2017, after spending 23 years in the apex financial institution.
- She attended the College of Ife, Ile-Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo College), the place she obtained a B.Sc (Hons) diploma in Economics in 1976. She additionally obtained an M.Comm diploma at the College of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, in 1983, and a Ph.D Administration Science (Operations Analysis), from the College of Ilorin in 1991.
- She began working in 1977 with the Ministry of Finance and Financial Improvement, Ilorin, Kwara State. In 1991, she joined the College of Ilorin as a lecturer in the Division of Accounting and Finance.
- She joined the Central Financial institution of Nigeria in 1993 as an Assistant Director in the Analysis Division, the place she served as Head, State Authorities Finance Workplace (1993-1996), Head, Federal Authorities Finance Workplace (1996-2000), and Head, Fiscal Evaluation Division (2000-2004).
- She was appointed Director, Banking Operations Division in Might 2004. In that capability, she served as Chairman Board of Administrators, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) in addition to Secretary, Nationwide Funds System Committee (NPSC).