- You can cancel YouTube Premium, the $12 per month subscription service offering ad-free videos and other content from YouTube, in a few different ways.
- If you have a subscription to YouTube Premium and want to cancel, you can do that using the Paid Memberships link under your avatar on a desktop web browser or in the mobile app.
- If you subscribed via iTunes, you’ll need to cancel YouTube Premium in the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
YouTube Premium (which was formerly called YouTube Red) is a subscription version of YouTube that offers ad-free versions of all the video on the site, along with exclusive original content and some other features (like downloads for offline playback) for $12 per month.
If you’ve tried YouTube Premium but want to cancel your subscription, you can do it with just a few clicks or taps.
In most cases, you can cancel YouTube Premium from the web site or the YouTube mobile app. The only exception is if you subscribed via iTunes – you’ll need to unsubscribe using the App Store app on your iPhone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to cancel YouTube Premium in a web browser
1. Open YouTube in a web browser.
2. Click your avatar in the upper right corner and click “Paid memberships.”
3. You should see YouTube Premium listed as a paid membership. Click “Cancel Membership.”
4. When asked, confirm you really want to do this by clicking “Yes.”
How to cancel YouTube Premium in the mobile app
1. Start the YouTube app.
2. Tap your avatar in the upper right corner and tap “Paid memberships.”
3. In the YouTube Premium section, tap “Manage.”
After the membership page opens in the browser, tap “Cancel Membership.” Confirm you want to do this by tapping “Yes.”
How to cancel YouTube Premium from the iPhone’s App Store
If you originally subscribed to YouTube Premium via iTunes back when the service was called YouTube Red (you can no longer subscribe this way, so this only applies to a small number of long-time YouTube Premium members), you need to unsubscribe using the App Store.
1. On your iPhone, start the App Store app.
2. Tap your avatar in the upper right corner.
3. Tap “Manage Subscriptions.”
4. Tap “YouTube Premium.”
5. Tap “Cancel Subscription” and then tap “Confirm” to complete the process.