- To share your ETA in Apple Maps in your iPhone, you will have to have the app open and in use for navigation.
- Your mates will be capable of monitor your progress in order that they know when you’ll arrive.
- Go to Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
The ETA function in Apple Maps for iPhone, a brand new function in iOS 13, allows you to give your pals a real-time window into your route and placement — that approach, they do not need to surprise when you’ll arrive.
Observe that this function isn’t obtainable within the Maps app on an iPhone operating iOS 12 or earlier.
Take a look at the merchandise talked about on this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Greatest Purchase)
The best way to share your ETA in Apple Maps on an iPhone
1. Open Maps and discover your vacation spot.
2. If you have not already began instructions to a location, faucet the blue “Directions” button. Kind within the location deal with, select your most popular driving route and faucet the inexperienced “GO” button to begin navigation.
3. Whereas navigating, faucet the grey line on the backside of your display to disclose menu choices, together with Share ETA.
4. Faucet the “Share ETA” button.
5. Once you faucet the “Share ETA” icon, Maps pulls up your 5 most up-to-date contacts. Faucet any a type of to share your ETA with that individual. You possibly can share your ETA with multiple individual at a time.
6. If you wish to share your ETA with somebody who is not in your 5 most up-to-date contacts, faucet the “Contacts” icon to seek for that individual. Faucet the contact on the listing to begin sharing.
7. Whilst you have sharing on, you will see a discover on the backside of your display that reminds you that you’ve sharing on and the way many individuals you have got shared with.
8. The icon of every individual you are sharing with may have a blue ring round it within the Share ETA display. To cease sharing with somebody, merely faucet their icon to finish sharing.
There are some limitations on sharing your ETA in Apple’s Maps app. It’s essential be actively utilizing the app for navigation. It additionally solely works for driving instructions — strolling and transit do not have the ETA possibility, and Apple would not embrace biking instructions.
Most significantly, you may solely share your ETA with individuals in your contacts listing, so make sure you add individuals to your contacts earlier than you attempt to share ETA.
Associated protection from How To Do Every thing: Tech:
The best way to monitor an iPhone utilizing a Discover My app or iCloud’s web site, and find it even when its battery is lifeless
The best way to flip an image in your iPhone utilizing the Pictures app in iOS 13, or a third-party app
The best way to make your iPhone black and white utilizing Grayscale, which may make your telephone much less addicting
The best way to activate and add customized phrases to the brand new Voice Management function on an iPhone with iOS 13
SEE ALSO: The perfect iPhone for each sort of individual and finances
Be part of the dialog about this story »
NOW WATCH: Watch the Samsung Galaxy Observe 10 occasion in 6 minutes