As anticipated, Valve simply dropped some particulars about Half-Life: Alyx, the flagship VR game it teased earlier this week.
Right here’s what we all know up to now:
- It’s scheduled for launch in March of 2020.
- Gamers will tackle the position of Alyx, carrying a pair of “gravity gloves” that can help you seize issues in any other case out of attain.
- It’ll happen someday between Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Alas, for anybody hoping for one thing that takes place after the occasions set in movement in Half-Life 2: Episode 2 12 years in the past, it seems like this ain’t it. With that stated, they told The Verge in an interview that gamers ought to play via Episode 2 first… so Valve may need surprises in retailer there.
- It’s constructed on the Supply 2 engine, and will work on “all SteamVR compatible VR systems” so HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest when hooked to a PC, Home windows Blended Actuality headset, or Valve’s personal Index VR headset.
- It’s constructed to be performed whether or not you need to transfer round your room, stand in one place or sit in a chair.
- It’ll value $60, however be free for anybody who owns Valve’s Index VR headset. Index house owners will additionally get alternate in-game gun skins, and “Alyx-themed content” in Counter-Strike: World Offensive.
Valve additionally posted a trailer, displaying all the things from headcrabs to the Citadel from Alyx’s first-person VR perspective… plus a particular little cameo when you stick round to the tip. Test it out right here: