- You’ll need to download games onto your PS4 before you can play them.
- You can buy and download games on a PS4 through the PlayStation Store, as well download games you’ve already purchased through your PS4 Library.
- You’ll need to have an internet connection to download any game.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As the gaming industry moves further away from physical game releases, digital copies of games are becoming more and more popular.
However, unlike hard copies of games, digital copies require that you download the game before you can actually play it.
As long as you have an internet connection and the money to buy your games, you can download PS4 games from both the PlayStation Store and your PS4 Library.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to download games on your PS4 from the PlayStation Store
If you haven’t already purchased the game you want to play, you’ll need to purchase and download it through the PlayStation Store.
1. From your PS4’s Home screen, navigate to the PlayStation Store app and press the X button to open it.
2. Select the game you want to download and press X. This will pull up a screen with information about the game itself, including its price (if applicable).
3. If you haven’t purchased the game, select “Add to cart” and press X. If you’ve already purchased the game, or the game is free, “Download” will appear instead of “Add to cart” — in this case, select “Download” and press X.
4. After you’ve added the games you want to your cart, select “Proceed to checkout” and press X. You may need to enter your payment information if it’s not already saved.
5. After you’ve entered your payment information, select “Confirm Purchase” and press X. Finally, on the next screen, select “Download” and press X.
How to download games on your PS4 from your PS4 Library
If you’ve already purchased a game, but don’t have it installed, the game will appear in your PS4 Library. You’ll need to download the game from your Library before it can be played.
1. From your PS4’s Home screen, navigate to the Library app and press the X button to open it.
2. In the left sidebar, scroll down to “Purchased” and press X.
3. Navigate through the list of games until you’ve found the one you want to download. Press X.
4. Select “Download” and press X. Your game should begin downloading automatically.
Keep in mind that in both cases, you won’t be able to play the full game until it’s finished downloading and installing. Your download speed can be affected by various factors, such as your internet speed and the amount of memory the game requires — bigger games will take longer.