Thirty-nine percent say police treat people equally, while 4% say police treat blacks better than whites.
Here are how the poll results break down:
- 78% of blacks say police treat whites better, compared to 19% who say police treat all people equally. Only 3% of blacks say blacks are treated better than whites by police.
- 32% of Americans approve of President Donald Trump’s response to recent events and protests in Minneapolis, while 49% disapprove. 19% say they haven’t heard enough to make a decision.
- 33% of Americans approve of former Vice President Joe Biden’s response to the events and protests in Minneapolis, compared to 25% who disapprove. 42% says they haven’t heard enough to make a decision.
- 35% of Americans say Trump tweets mainly to unite Americans, compared to 65% who disagree.
- 56% of Americans say Trump tweets mainly to divide Americans, while 44% disagree.
- 47% of Americans back Biden for president, while 43% support Trump.
The poll, conducted May 29-June 1, surveyed 2,071 people. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.
© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.